Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Packers vs. Giants recap

Roberto Ruiz-Maki

Before I even begin to explain the events that transpired Sunday night, I should admit that I was going to have a hard time falling asleep no matter what happened.  Lambeau Field is magical, it just is.  It has this magical way of pulling you in, making you want to cheer at the top of your lungs, and making you jump out of your seat during every play that shows potential.  It has been over thirty hours since I left Lambeau, and my throat is still sore, and my voice is still hoarse.  I bonded with many fans last night, and I realized afterwards that that was bound to happen regardless of where I sat; the magic of Lambeau is intoxicating.
Aaron Rodgers had a career day last night, throwing for over 400 yards and four touchdowns.  My first key to the game in the preview was keeping his jersey clean, and the offensive line did just that.  Rodgers was sacked only two times, and head coach Mike McCarthy said afterwards that that was the best game the offensive line has played all season.
My second key to the game was that defensive coordinator Dom Capers had to come up with innovated defensive schemes to stop Eli Manning.  Not only did Capers succeed, but he forced the New York Giants into six turnovers, four of which were interceptions by Manning.  If not for the fluky 85 touchdown pass by Manning to Mario Manningham, the Packers would have held the Giants to ten points.
My third and final key to the game was that the Packers special-teams would have to step up against the Giants weak special-teams.  In this aspect of the game the Giants prevailed, but only because there was no point in the game in which the special-teams switched the momentum.
Overall the Packers played a very solid game on both sides of the ball.  I will have to give the game ball to Rodgers and John Kuhn, who came in and got the job done every time the fans called for him by yelling "Kuhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnn!" at the top of their lungs; Kuhn scored three touchdowns and recorded several first downs during the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment